Going on a Road Trip in Turkey is the best way to get off the beaten paths and still see all the best sights of this incredible country, like Pamukkale and the Cappadocia region.
As you may have read in this post, we went on a road trip in South Turkey and our itinerary looked like this:
Obviously we really really wanted to go to Istanbul (especially I since Mr A had already been), but it wasn’t possible on this trip. So we landed in Antalya and I think it is a very good starting point to explore the South of the country.
If you have more time, there is another map available which you can find here.
Here are the links to the different posts you can find (or will find) on this blog:
– The Soganli Valley and so much more!
– The Goreme Open Air Museum – Coming soon UNESCO World Heritage
– The Red & the Rose Valley – Coming soon UNESCO World Heritage
– The Ihlara Valley and the best lunch setting you can find!
– Troglodite Style Hotel recommendations
– The Travertines of Pamukkale, the Hierapolis ancient city and the Cleopatra Bath. UNESCO World Heritage
– Hotels near Pamukkale – coming soon
– The Old city – coming soon
– Hotels in Antalya – coming soon
– Restaurants in Antalya – coming soon
On the Road:
– Getting arrested in Turkey! – Coming soon
– Random pictures – Coming soon
– Hotels in Konya